Position Closed - Research and Development Chemist
Research & Development Chemist
Department: Research & Development
Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
Are you a Chemist/scientist who loves problem solving and wants to help customers? Then you could be the newest member of our lab team.
What you’ll be doing:
With support from the Line Manager, you’ll be responsible for the achievement of program objectives, primarily through New Product Development and developing formulations for car care applications.
Tasks will include:
- Maintain awareness of new technology in the marketplace and identify opportunities to apply to new product developments.
- Liaise with Marketing & Sales personnel to complete design briefs and translate product claims into performance attributes.
- Work within multifunctional teams to help ensure products are launched on time, meeting targets of cost & quality.
- Liaise with appropriate development, supply chain & quality personnel to scale up / hand over to manufacturing.
- Product Maintenance (Value Added/Value Engineering Projects, Quality & Regulatory)
- Liaise with Procurement & Supply Chain personnel to help support cost down initiatives
- Proactively seek to reduce costs of products, components & processes.
- Remain up to date with developments in areas of legislation & HSE and ensure assigned development programs conform.
- Develop methods to test and validate performance attributes. Write technical reports & claims support documentation.
You’ll be based in the UK, in our research and development laboratory in Manchester, close to our head office.
You’ll be educated to at least degree level in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry, and you’ll have worked for at least a year in a similar laboratory environment. Experience in FMCG or New Product Development is preferable.
You’ll be self-motivated and goal driven, and you’ll love solving problems. You should be able to think creatively and find solutions that help our customers. You’ll be working within a close team, so good teamwork and communication skills will be needed.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to HoltsRecruitment@FramGrp.com