CHEMICAL MIXER – NEWQUAY, CORNWALL
We are going through a period of growth and have a number of opportunities across our sites in Newquay.
Holts currently have a vacancy for a Night Shift Chemical Mixer at our Manufacturing Plant in Newquay, Cornwall;
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will:
- Be able to mix and test all products from information provided without direct supervision, following all relevant quality procedures, and adhering to all Health and Safety Requirements and procedures.
- Mixers have the responsibility of assisting in meeting production targets around Health, Safety and Environmental, Quality, Productivity and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the efficiency of the mixing area, personal HSE and awareness of the Health and Safety of other team members on the mixing platform, the quality of the product manufactured and to participate in project teams.
- Be able to help operate all necessary tools, equipment and machinery required for mixing correctly and with special care and attention following any necessary health and safety procedures in accordance with standard operating sheets.
- Be able to clean mixing vessels and pipework within the specified standard time, using the correct solvents in accordance with standard operating sheets.
- Ensure 5S activities are maintained at the appropriate standard for that area.
- Take responsibility for personal safety and that of other team members working in the area and to practice a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness at, and around the mixing vessels and understand the importance of appearance and safe operating condition of equipment and machinery.
- Take responsibility to ensure the mixing area is safe and report any issues relating to quality or safety.
- Be able to describe and understand what each mixing operation involves and how it interacts with other production operations in sufficient detail and accuracy.
- Be able to mix a batch product under each product group in a vessel, under normal working conditions, using the tools and equipment provided, within the specified standard time, following the instructions on the batch formula sheets.
- To be able to test batched to the relevant QC Standards.
- Have a safety-first attitude
- Have a team-based approach
- Have a continuous Improvement mindset
- Be flexible to help cover other areas if required
- Strong communication skills
- Must be physically capable of passing a company medical
- Must be fit and strong as some manual lifting is involved
- Previous experience in handling/mixing chemicals would be advantageous but not essential.
- GCSE in Maths and English
- 25 days holiday (increases with service) + public holidays
- Parking on site
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick pay
Holts have been around for over 100 years, and you don’t get to be as old as we are without having great people working with us. For over a century Holts has been making vehicles shine and perform to the best of their ability. And the approach is no different when it comes to our people.
We pride ourselves on developing and training our colleagues; promoting from within and giving you the tools to shine in your career. When working for Holts, you can be assured of a progressive, inclusive, and friendly working environment that welcomes all new members to the team.
This is alongside the opportunity to work within one of the most respected names in the automotive industry today, getting to grips with our four household names in Redex, Prestone, Simoniz, and Holts. As a member of the Holts team, you’ll be helping vehicle owners worldwide keep their vehicles functioning and looking their best.
We can’t wait to welcome you on board!
For more information about this role
If you’re looking for your next opportunity and a chance to progress and train further, and/or would like further information on this role, please contact Sarah Williams, HR Manager, Newquay at email@example.com or on 01637 870234.