We are going through a period of growth and have a number of opportunities across our sites in Newquay.
We currently have 2 vacancies for Counterbalance & Flexi Truck Operator at our International Distribution Centre in Newquay, Cornwall.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will:
- Be required to comply with all work instructions and procedures, with a special regard to Health and Safety aspects
- Verify pallet quantity to paperwork, complete paperwork legibly and report any anomalies immediately to the DC quality team, stock controller or supervisors
- Pick orders from the designated locations on the picking note and assemble the load logically for dispatch
- Load vehicles as directed, safely and accurately and ensure the load has been quality checked prior to dispatch
- Be able to carry out all aspects of waste control/ management in accordance with legislation and company procedures
- Check your vehicle/MHE equipment thoroughly and complete the daily check sheets. Report any problems or faults to the operational shift supervisor immediately
- Be hard working and good at keeping to deadlines
- Have a good knowledge of key health and safety aspects.
- Be a good communicator and work well in a team.
- Have attention to detail, ensuring paperwork and location storage/retrieval is accurate
- Be flexible to help cover other areas if required
- Must hold an up-to-date licence for a Counterbalance or Flexi Truck
- GCSE in Maths and English
- 24 days holiday (increases with service) + public holidays
- Parking on site
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick pay
Holts have been around for over 100 years, and you don’t get to be as old as we are without having great people working with us. For over a century Holts has been making vehicles shine and perform to the best of their ability. And the approach is no different when it comes to our people.
We pride ourselves on developing and training our colleagues; promoting from within and giving you the tools to shine in your career. When working for Holts, you can be assured of a progressive, inclusive, and friendly working environment that welcomes all new members to the team.
This is alongside the opportunity to work within one of the most respected names in the automotive industry today, getting to grips with our four household names in Redex, Prestone, Simoniz, and Holts. As a member of the Holts team, you’ll be helping vehicle owners worldwide keep their vehicles functioning and looking their best.
We can’t wait to welcome you on board!
For more information about this role
If you’re looking for your next opportunity and a chance to progress and train further to a Snr Technician, and/or would like further information on this role, please contact Sarah Williams, HR Officer at email@example.com or on 01637 870234.
If you would like to apply for this role, click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your CV to Sarah Williams via email.