HSE ADVISOR – NEWQUAY, CORNWALL
We are going through a period of growth and have a number of opportunities across our sites in Newquay.
We currently have a vacancy for a HSE Advisor to work across our two sites in Newquay, Cornwall.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, you will:
- Assist with the continuous improvement of HSE performance primarily based at the Holts Manufacturing Newquay site with some additional work tasks for the Newquay Airport – International Distribution Centre.
- Responsible for completing risk assessments and associated safe systems of work/work instruction revisions and implementation.
- Manage US corporate accident and environmental performance reporting.
- Deputise for the HSE Manager in their absence.
- NEBOSH/IOSH certification or qualification with 3/5+ years post qualification experience.
- Team-based approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Practical solution focused risk management philosophy.
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to self-manage & prioritise multiple HSE activity tasks.
- Knowledge of accident investigation, behavioural safety and root cause analysis techniques.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing role and the associated machinery and process risk assessments – essential.
- Formal NVQ/NEBOSH Health and Safety qualifications required (minimum NVQ3/NEBOSH certificate) – essential.
- Experience of warehouse and material handling safety – essential.
- Experience of chemical safety management and control – COSHH and ATEX – desirable.
- Experience of developing and implementing safe systems of work/work instructions – essential.
- Experience of manufacturing ISO 14001 processes and HSE auditing – desirable.
- 25 days holiday (increases with service) + public holidays.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Parking on site.
- Contributory pension.
- Life Insurance.
- Group Income Protection Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company Sick pay.
Holts have been around for over 100 years, and you don’t get to be as old as we are without having great people working with us. For over a century Holts has been making vehicles shine and perform to the best of their ability. And the approach is no different when it comes to our people.
We pride ourselves on developing and training our colleagues; promoting from within and giving you the tools to shine in your career. When working for Holts, you can be assured of a progressive, inclusive, and friendly working environment that welcomes all new members to the team.
This is alongside the opportunity to work within one of the most respected names in the automotive industry today, getting to grips with our four household names in Redex, Prestone, Simoniz, and Holts. As a member of the Holts team, you’ll be helping vehicle owners worldwide keep their vehicles functioning and looking their best.
We can’t wait to welcome you on board!
For more information about this role
If you’re looking for your next opportunity and a chance to progress your career, and/or would like further information on this role, please contact Sarah Williams, HR Manager at email@example.com