LINE LEADER – NEWQUAY, CORNWALL
We are going through a period of growth and have a number of opportunities across our sites in Newquay.
Holts We currently have 3 vacancies for Line Leaders at our manufacturing plant in Newquay, Cornwall
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will:
- Work to achieve departmental objectives and performance targets by safely and effectively undertaking duties to include running of a line and raw material replenishment
- Assist with changeovers and to be responsible for certain machinery adjustments during running of the line to improve machine uptime
- Follow procedures, manuals and other defined standards, including completing Works Orders
- Conduct line safety checks
- Organise team on the production line
- Drive a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness at, and around the filling lines and understand the importance of appearance and safe operating condition of the equipment and machinery
- Be accountable for the quality of product by completing regular check weighing and examination of production in accordance with quality procedures.
- To monitor and identify the degree of competence in safety and quality of the team members and provide support and training when required.
- Contribute to the sites operational targets by looking for opportunities to change working practices and improve line processes
- Have a safety-first attitude
- Have a team-based approach
- Have a continuous Improvement mindset
- Be flexible to help cover other areas if required
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience of aerosol and liquid filling lines in production – desirable
- Experience in managing Production and Manufacturing teams
- Proven track record in strong engagement with teams
- GCSE in Maths and English
- 24 days holiday (increases with service) + public holidays
- Parking on site
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick pay
Holts have been around for over 100 years, and you don’t get to be as old as we are without having great people working with us. For over a century Holts has been making vehicles shine and perform to the best of their ability. And the approach is no different when it comes to our people.
We pride ourselves on developing and training our colleagues; promoting from within and giving you the tools to shine in your career. When working for Holts, you can be assured of a progressive, inclusive, and friendly working environment that welcomes all new members to the team.
This is alongside the opportunity to work within one of the most respected names in the automotive industry today, getting to grips with our four household names in Redex, Prestone, Simoniz, and Holts. As a member of the Holts team, you’ll be helping vehicle owners worldwide keep their vehicles functioning and looking their best.
We can’t wait to welcome you on board!
For more information about this role
If you’re looking for your next opportunity and a chance to progress and train further to a Snr Technician, and/or would like further information on this role, please contact Sarah Williams, HR Officer at email@example.com or on 01637 870234.
To apply for this role, click the Apply Now button and send your CV via email to Sarah Williams