MULTI-SKILLED ENGINEER (NIGHT SHIFT) – NEWQUAY, CORNWALL
We are going through a period of growth and have a number of opportunities across our sites in Newquay.
Holts currently have a vacancy for a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Night Shift) at our Manufacturing Plant in Newquay, Cornwall;
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for all electrical and mechanical engineering, ensuring all work is carried out to the current regulations and safety standards
- Provide preventative & reactive electrical and mechanical maintenance to minimise equipment downtime and log activity on relevant systems
- Work with company CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Maintain mechanical maintenance PM’s & schedule
You will have a:
- Safety first standpoint
- Must have a team-based approach and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Continuous improvement mindset hard working and good at keeping to deadlines.
- Previous experience within an electrical / mechanical engineering role – mandatory
- Formal engineering qualifications required (minimum City & Guilds or equivalent) – mandatory
- BS 7671 18th Edition Electrical Regulations – mandatory
- Experience in the FMCG/Manufacturing industry – desirable
- Experience of PLC programming desirable.
- Experience of packaging ‘robotics’ desirable (ABB/FANUC) or equivalent
- 25 days holiday (increases with service) + public holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Parking on site
- Contributory pension
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick pay
Holts have been around for over 100 years, and you don’t get to be as old as we are without having great people working with us. For over a century Holts has been making vehicles shine and perform to the best of their ability. And the approach is no different when it comes to our people.
We pride ourselves on developing and training our colleagues; promoting from within and giving you the tools to shine in your career. When working for Holts, you can be assured of a progressive, inclusive, and friendly working environment that welcomes all new members to the team.
This is alongside the opportunity to work within one of the most respected names in the automotive industry today, getting to grips with our four household names in Redex, Prestone, Simoniz, and Holts. As a member of the Holts team, you’ll be helping vehicle owners worldwide keep their vehicles functioning and looking their best.
We can’t wait to welcome you on board!
If you’re looking for your next opportunity and a chance to progress your career, and/or would like further information on this role, please contact Sarah Williams, HR Manager at email@example.com or on 01637 870234