This role offers the opportunity to develop our brands with strong consumer value and a desire to shake up the categories in which we operate. Our vision is to establish a marketing team that has a strong creative and collaborative ethos, underpinned by a strong commercial focus, and ability to dissect recent market research data in order to deliver a real point of difference for our customers and to drive long term brand and category growth.
As Brand Manager, you will be responsible for consumer and commercial growth of your brands. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, we are looking for a Brand Manager who wants to be part of a fast paced and driven team. We are looking for somebody who is passionate about cars, building brands and driven to see them succeed commercially.
About the Role:
- Work with the Head of Marketing to create and own brand vision, mission, and goals and outline innovative growth strategies.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues. Demonstrate an awareness of competitor activity; demonstrate best practice from within existing category. Analyse how our brands are positioned in the market and analyse targeted consumers’ insights to ensure we are moving in the right direction.
- Translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Devise brand strategies across the full marketing mix (product, price, place and promotion etc.) working alongside our new junior product manager
- Develop and execute brand communication strategies.
- Manage product portfolio for brands implementing clear entry and exist strategies. Rationalisation will be a key focus area.
- Manage annual brand budget and be prepared to challenge costs and aggressively pursue value optimisation opportunities.
- Manage external agencies to support the creation and execution of strategic marketing plans (PR, brand comm’s, POS etc.).
- Build strong relationships with the Commercial teams – principally Sales, to ensure consumer propositions are developed and implemented effectively through distribution points effectively and in a timely manner.
- Drive Commercial Planning content for brands. Measuring and reporting the performance of all marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs) is essential.
- Understand and use key business processes, for example Sales and Operations Planning (SI&OP) and R&D Building Commercial Capabilities tools and processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven work experience as Brand Manager
- Completer / finisher
- Understanding of the full marketing mix
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Ability to understand key profit & loss data
- Results orientated and capable of working autonomously
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills, able to stand one’s ground
- Resilient, with a positive attitude towards change
- Open and flexible, capable of taking on and building upon others’ perspectives where appropriate
- Analytical and displays sound judgement
- Excellent and proven planning & organising skills
- Team player
- Able to demonstrate a strong intuition in developing brands and understanding consumers
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Excellent command of the English language
|· Degree level qualification (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent|
· Consumer product marketing experience/development
· Experience of strategic planning and innovation
· Experience of working in cross-functional teams
· Experience of the advertising process & able to demonstrate key learning from this (not necessarily TV)
|Language proficiency: |
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Written and spoken French and German beneficial
· Full UK driving licence and access to car at all times.