You’ve cleaned the outside. You’ve cleaned the inside. You may have even cleaned the engine. But what about your car’s fuel system – should you be cleaning that too?
Cleaning a car fuel system may sound like a trip to the garage waiting to happen. But with Redex, you can clean your car’s tank, fuel lines and injectors without fear of damage.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to clean your car’s fuel system and explain why it should always be part of your maintenance regime.
- Do You Need to Clean Your Car’s Fuel System?
- Can I Clean a Fuel System Myself?
- What Are the Benefits of Cleaning Your Car’s Fuel System?
- How to Use Redex Fuel Additives to Clean Your Fuel System
While you don’t technically have to clean your car’s fuel system, it is good practice. It’ll help keep your car running at its best and make sure you’re getting the most from every litre of fuel – which is, as we all know, more important than ever.
What a lot of people don’t know is that car fuel systems are surprisingly dirty. This is down to deposits from the combustion process, dirt and debris from pump nozzles and filler caps, and the general wear and tear of the fuel system itself.
Deposits build up on crucial parts like the fuel injectors, and this stops them working properly. The deposits block up the injectors so that fuel isn’t sprayed efficiently, causing MPG to decrease and emissions to rise.
Just like oil and cooling systems need regular cleaning and maintenance, so too does the fuel system. Most drivers don’t even consider the fuel system as part of their car’s annual service, but we think it deserves more attention than almost any other system in your car.
When we talk about cleaning a fuel system, we don’t mean taking it all apart and blasting it with a pressure washer. Instead, there are a range of products you can use to remove the deposits.
At Redex, we’ve developed a wide range of products that make cleaning your fuel system easy. All our petrol, diesel and hybrid fuel system cleaners work in the same way – allowing you to add the cleaner direct to the fuel tank. From there they move through the fuel system and remove deposits from fuel injectors, so they can then work their way out of your fuel system, leading to better performance and reduced emissions.
The great thing about our fuel system cleaners is that they’re extremely convenient to use. You can add cleaner to your car’s fuel tank at any time with any type of fuel, so you can always stay on top of maintaining your fuel system at peak performance.
Not convinced cleaning your car’s fuel system is worth it? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits you can expect from a regular dose of fuel system cleaner.
- Maintenance good practice – If you’re someone who enjoys taking care of their car and plans to own the same model for a long time, you really should be cleaning the fuel system. As touched on earlier, the fuel system needs maintaining just as often as other engine components, and a regular clean ensures excellent long-term health for the various parts within the system.
- Improved engine health – A dirty fuel system can lead to clogged injectors, which means inefficient combustion and increased strain on the engine – jeopardising its long-term performance. Using Redex to clean your car’s fuel system prolongs the life of your engine.
- Optimal fuel economy – With fuel prices rocketing and shortages leaving some drivers searching for somewhere to fill up, you need to know you’re getting maximum mileage from every tank of fuel. Cleaning the fuel system improves the efficiency of the combustion cycle, so you can be sure you’re squeezing the most value from every last drop of petrol or diesel.
- Reduce emissions and boost performance – Using Redex is about more than just cleaning your fuel tank. Our range of fuel additives includes an Emissions Reducer and a Power Booster, helping you reduce emissions and increase performance with every dose.
Using Redex to clean inside your car’s fuel system is as easy as adding petrol or diesel. In fact, most regular Redex users add a dose at the same time as topping up the tank – it’s that quick and convenient.
To use Redex, simply…
- Choose the right Redex product for your needs. Our range includes system cleaners for petrol and diesel engines (which also work for hybrids), as well as supplementary additives for specific jobs like reducing emissions.
- Add Redex to your fuel tank after refuelling. We’ve designed our fuel system cleaners to be easy to add to your car. Simply remove the protective cap, insert the neck into your car’s fuel filler cap, and add the required dose. Dosages are handily marked up on the side of the bottle, so you can always be sure you’re adding the right amount.
- Drive as normal. That’s it – you’ve successfully added a shot of Redex to your car and can rest assured the cleaner will be doing its job to clear up your fuel system. Redex fuel additives get to work right away, travelling through the system to remove deposits and clean away dirt and residue.
So, are you ready to make cleaning your fuel system a part of your car’s regular maintenance regime? We hope so. At Redex, we want to help you get the most from every tank of fuel. Take a look at our blog for more in-depth engine maintenance advice or visit the homepage to learn more about our fuel additives and system cleaners.