There was a time when men’s mental health was never discussed, when the idea of a man sharing his feelings with family and friends was a big no-no. But with over 12% of men in the UK suffering from a mental health disorder and suicide being the leading cause of death for men under 35, change is needed, and quickly.
Happily, conversations about men’s mental health are starting to happen. Charities such as Rethink Mental Illness and campaigns like Movember are leading the fight to get men to open up about their health issues, giving them a platform from which they can get the help and support they need.
At Redex, we want to show our support for men’s mental health and make a difference in the fight against male suicide. That’s why we’ve teamed up with leading mental health charity, Rethink Mental Illness, to kickstart a campaign raising awareness for men’s mental health and the positive impact talking over and sharing problems can have.
Find out more about #RedexHealthCheck, as well as our new Redex Club Facebook Group, below.
- What is #RedexHealthCheck?
- How to Get Involved in #RedexHealthCheck
- Redex Club: Join the Conversation on Facebook
- Terms and Conditions
What is #RedexHealthCheck?
#RedexHealthCheck is a Social Giving campaign aimed at raising the profile of men’s mental health across the UK. Working with leading mental health charity, Rethink Mental Illness, we want to raise money to help fund improvements to mental health services, while highlighting the need for a change in attitudes towards men’s health.
As the UK’s leading manufacturer of fuel additives, which are designed to improve the performance and life of engines, we know how important it is to check your car regularly to make sure it’s in good health. The thing is, many men take better care of their cars than they do their physical and mental health, often because they’re too worried about being judged to get the help and support they need.
Louise Seddon, Brand Manager at Redex, is proud of the new partnership between Redex and the charity, seeing it as a great opportunity to raise awareness of men’s mental health among the motoring community. She said: “I’m pleased to confirm that Redex will be working with Rethink Mental Illness on a new Social Giving campaign advocating for men’s mental health. This seems a natural link-up for us, as you look after your car’s health, but what about your mental health?
“Throughout the summer, for every post shared under the hashtag #RedexHealthCheck we’ll donate £1 to Rethink Mental Illness to help support their initiative to bring a better life to everyone affected by mental illness.”
How to Get Involved in #RedexHealthCheck
Show your support for men’s mental health and raise money for Rethink Mental Illness**:
- Head to our Instagram or Twitter page
- Share a post with the hashtag #RedexHealthCheck – you can retweet or re-share one of our posts or create your own.
- Be sure to use the hashtag #RedexHealthCheck (or your entry might not be counted)
For every photo we collect, we’ll donate £1 to Rethink Mental Health (up to £5000), helping to support their ongoing drive to improve mental health services for men across the UK. And it isn’t just about money; by sharing a photo, you’ll be joining others who have come together to recognise the importance of men’s mental health, sending a powerful message of support to those affected by such issues.
Please take time to read our campaign Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page.
**You might have noticed we changed the way that you can get involved in this campaign – we wanted to make things simpler for you and ensure that everyone who wants to take part can. So now all you need to do is share a post with the hashtag #RedexHealthCheck to donate!
Redex Club: Join the Conversation on Facebook
Established in the 1930s, Redex Club was created for car lovers to share in their passion for motoring, be it the grand tours of the Redex Australia trials or maintenance tips for looking after a particular make and model. And today, we’re proud to announce that Redex Club is back and better than ever, with a closed Facebook group allowing you to discuss motoring, mates and more.
Whatever you’re interested in, be it the latest hot hatchback or the results from last weekend’s F1, the Redex Club Facebook group is the place to share your views and get to know other car lovers from across the UK. And because it’s a closed group, you won’t have to put up with ads and promotions – just top car chat and the latest news, content and features from Redex.
So, whether you’re passionate about cars or just want to have a chat and catch-up, we want Redex Club to be a space where everyone feels welcome. To join the group, simply request to join and the administrator will send your invitation.
Social Giving Campaign: Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions are the Social Giving Campaign Rules (‘Rules’) and apply exclusively to the #RedexHealthCheck campaign.
- By submitting an entry into the campaign, entrants are agreeing to the campaign rules.
- Redex retains the right to make changes to the campaign and its rules, or remove it entirely, at its own discretion.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision rests solely with Redex.
- Redex will donate £1 for every entry to Rethink Mental Illness, a minimum of £1000 and up to a maximum of £5000.
- Only one entry per social account will be counted towards the final donation fund.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The competition is governed by English Law and any resulting disputes will be subject to the courts of England.
- Entrants can contact Redex in relation to the competition by writing to Holt Lloyd International Ltd, Unit 100, Barton Dock Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0YQ.