Thinking of using 2 in 1 Simoniz Shampoo & Snow Foam to clean your car? To guarantee great results, read our FAQs below, where we cover the ins and outs of using shampoo and snow foam to restore your car to its shiny showroom best.
What is snow foam?
Snow foam is a car cleaner that’s designed for use with a foam gun, which attaches to a pressure washer. When applied to the paintwork, it gently dissolves dirt and deposits, leaving your car looking clean and shiny with minimal effort.
At Simoniz, our 2 in 1 Shampoo & Snow Foam is designed for both sponge-and-bucket and pressure-washer-assisted car cleaning. You can use it like a normal car shampoo, adding a capful to a bucket of warm water, or, for a full snow foam effect, it can be added to a foam gun and applied with a pressure washer or hose.
There are lots of benefits of using Simoniz 2 in 1 Shampoo & Snow Foam compared to other snow foam car cleaners, including:
- pH neutral formula for gentle but effective car cleaning
- Added carnauba wax for protection and shine
- 2 in 1 solution for standard shampoo or snow foam cleaning
- Multiple sizes available
- Doesn’t affect wax and sealant layers on the paintwork
How to use snow foam?
Simoniz 2 in 1 Shampoo & Snow Foam is easy to use, offering brilliant results whether used as a standard shampoo or as snow foam. Below, we’ll show you how to use it for both applications.
- Add a dose of shampoo to a bucket of warm water per the bottle instructions
- Fill a second bucket with warm water; this is for rinsing your sponge
- Pre-rinse the car with a pressure washer, hose, or bucket before you start
- From the top of the car down, begin cleaning with a good quality sponge. Rinse regularly to minimise residue and grit on the paintwork
- Rinse again and dry off with a chamois or microfibre towel
- Attach a foam gun to your pressure washer or hose
- Mix one part shampoo with nine parts water and add it to the foam gun
- Working from the top down, apply the snow foam to every part of your car
- Leave the product to work for five minutes. It will dissolve dirt and deposits for simpler pre-rinse cleaning
- After five minutes, rinse with clean water from a pressure washer, hose, or bucket
- You may need to give all or some parts of the car an additional clean at this stage. If that’s the case, follow the steps in the shampoo instructions above
- When you’re happy the paintwork is clean, rinse and dry with a chamois or microfibre towel
Does snow foam need a pressure hose?
Yes, you’ll need a pressure washer or hose to use snow foam. Foam cannons can be added to most pressure washer and hose systems, allowing you to quickly cover every inch of your car in snow foam for easy and effective cleaning.
The great thing about Simoniz 2 in 1 Shampoo & Snow Foam is that it can be used as both a shampoo and snow foam cleaner. There’s no need to buy more than one product; you’ll get amazing results whether you use it as a standard shampoo or add it to your pressure washer’s foam gun.
Will snow foam damage my paint?
No, snow foam won’t damage your paint. Our Shampoo & Snow Foam car cleaner has been carefully developed by our in-house experts with a pH neutral formula that ensures zero damage to both the paintwork and protective coatings, like wax and sealant.
Using snow foam provides a gentle and effective way to remove deposits and traffic film from your paintwork. After application, leave the product to sit for five minutes, where it will dissolve dirt and deposits, like bird poo, without any scrubbing required.
For more information about Simoniz 2 in 1 Shampoo & Snow Foam and other products in our car care range, click here.