We know how easy it is to lose control of the garage. They can quickly become a dumping ground for the family’s bits and bobs, and before you know it there’s barely room for a bottle of screenwash, let alone your car.
But with the chaos of Christmas and the gloomy days of winter now behind us, we think spring is the perfect time to get your garage in order. Whether you’ve run out of places to store tools or you want to park your car undercover for a change, organising your garage can free up space you forgot you had and make it easier to store and maintain your pride and joy.
If you’re ashamed of the state of your garage, make it work for you again with these handy tips and hacks.
1. Install overhead storage
2. Take advantage of affordable steel pegboards
3. Invest in jumbo shelving
4. Repurpose old cabinets and lockers for industrial-style storage
5. Use a pallet for storing upright items
6. Use long screws for seriously thrifty vertical storage
7. Hang a shoe tidy on for storing car care products
8. Use magnetic strips to store metal tools
9. Build a folding workbench
10. Hang the family bikes from curtain pole brackets
Your car deserves a space in your garage, and so does Holts’ range of DIY car maintenance products and accessories. From Gun Gum to Radweld, Bradex Easy Start to Tyreweld, click here to visit our homepage and discover our great range of products today.